Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Favorite Homemade Bread

So I have been making homemeade bread for about 2 years now.  I bake 5 loaves once a week and more if I give any away. I am sure I have saved thousands of dollars with the amount of bread our family of 8 goes through.

Here is the recipe:
6 cups warm water
3 T yeast
3 T salt
2 eggs
2 T dough enhancer
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered milk
12-14 cups flour
3/4 c vegetable oil

Mix all ingredients except flour and vegetable oil in mixer ( mine is a bosch) adding 8 cups of flour till sticky then add vegetable oil. Add remaining dough till the dough no longer sticks to sides of the bowl. Mix for 6 minutes on med speed. Let raise for 1 hour. Punch down and divide into 5 loaves. place in greased pans and let raise another 30 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and butter tops.

It doesn't last long around here but I know what is in it and that my kids aren't going to go hungry any time soon. Too bad I am on no sugar still and bread is off my menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment