Friday, January 7, 2011

Snake River Wrestles



Went to Snake River to watch the boys wrestle last night.  It was a frenzy when I got there.  The boys were supposed to have a 2 pound weight advantage but our athletic director, Brody Birch did not call ahead to let them know so about half of our team was over weight.  We had to shift a few boys around and forfiet some of the weights but they wrestled tough.  If it weren't for the weight mix up our team would have won the dual.  Kody ended up wrestling 15 pounds under the weight of the other guy and struggled but wrestled awesome.  Had the kid trying to jump off the mat and pulled him, Literally, back on the mat.  Today will be nice to stay home and get a few things done here that i have been wanting to do.  My big project is to tackle the office/exercise room/craft room.  Maybe I'll post some pics of before and after.  It needs a major overhaul.
Had a little surprise last night.  While i was sitting there waiting for the Varsity wrestlers to start and watching the flag come down for the pledge I here over the announcers voice that an old Snake River student will be singing the national anthem, then I hear my name announced.  I look over at the announcers stand and Devin is grinnin from ear to ear.  I just looked at him and said " very funny".  I think the funniest thing was that after it all, everyone was asking me if I was really supposed to sing.  I would have embarrassed both sides.  Teton for knowing me and Snake River for letting me sing the song in the first place.  Coach Piva was the most confused.  He must not know how to take a little sarcasm.  I hope all were entertained by the situation.  Devin better watch his back.  He is on my list.  Gotta love him.  I had a great time getting to see quite a few people I hadn't seen for at least 15 years.  Haracio, Carlson's son, Devin and Robin, Cory and his wife.  Good to see friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment